List of Questions to Ask When the Time Comes
Questions I Really Need to Ask Someone Else
1. Multi-platform testing. The bug list is written against various different operating systems and versions (of course). I’ve never done a Windows build, so that’s surely a blind spot. How might I best test extensions in a Windows environment? Do we have procedures/setups for testing multiple platforms? For the record, I run Windows 7 on my Mac under VMWare Fusion. I may have better information once I’ve installed and played with the Rasmus build.
2. I have not yet found the pecl-specific IRC channel. I’ve found #phpmentoring and #gophp7-ext. Ah. It’s on Eris Free Net, not Freenode.
Questions I Should Be Able to Answer Myself
Answers to the following should be self evident once I look. These are my reminders to do so.
1. How do I participate in bug list discussions? I would assume that I need to get an account.
2. How do I update documentation? I would assume that I need to get an account, and it’s likely to be the same account as for bug lists.
3. What mailing lists should I get on?
Links to Some of the Answers
Here is a collection of links as I catch them. They may well hold answers to above questions.
- The PHP docs: http://edit.php.net, http://svn.php.net/viewvc/phpdoc/en/trunk/reference/, http://doc.php.net/phd/
- The Internals Wiki: http://wiki.php.net/internals
- Help with the Future: http://gophp7.org/gophp7-ext
- The mailing list (I think): firstname.lastname@example.org
- The PECL site: http://pecl.php.net/index.php
- Git Workflow: https://wiki.php.net/vcs/gitworkflow