Yii Reading List
Here are wiki articles which look like I should read.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/425/use-crypt-for-password-storage/ – Update: This wiki has been rewritten to be in line with Yii 1.1.14. Since many of the detailed complexities are now handled by Yii, the article focuses on how the
crypt()built-in function works and why it’s important to use it correctly.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/423/installing-yii-users-and-rights-to-newly-created-yii-app/ – After creating an yii app . we need to implement permission, Authentication and Authorization .so the best way is to use the Yii users and Rights modules.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/341/simple-access-control/ – For those who feel, the Controller->accessRules() or RBAC (Role-Based Access Control) is too complicated or doesn’t want the username(s) to be hard-coded in accessRules(), here is a very simple, easy-to-implement solution.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/328/simple-rbac/ – If you need simple Role based access control without the long RBAC process then this article is just for you.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/268/how-to-learn-yii/ – Here is a step by step To-Do list for Yii beginners. The list is an advice of what tutorials and documentation you can walk through to get a full understanding of the Yii Framework. These can be a help to learn Yii.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/585/set-a-menu-reusable-code/ – As we know Using crud generator creates menu items in view files (for each view file have a varius menu items). In the case you want the same menu but diferrent active class for selected item ( Controller/action) you can create a function that set the menu and the active item.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/552/add-beautiful-radio-checkbox-buttons-to-grid/ – This is a tutorial on how to create slick looking status buttons to update a model’s status via a grid. Note** This tutorial uses Yii Bootstrap for styling. The basic idea is to render a grid and, for each row, render a set of radio buttons that asynchronously update their respective model.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/525/customizing-the-cmenu-widget/ – The CMenu class provides some useful features for generating menus in your web application.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/524/how-to-use-bizrules-in-standard-accesscontrol-filter/ – I assume you are familiar with accessControl standard filter. It allows you to separate privileges to run some action from action code itself. There is however one problem with most common usage – you cannot use bizRules, at least based on some parameters passed to ‘checkAccess’ just because it is hard to pass them in accessRules() result.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/521/log-activity-in-database/ – In this article i will explain how to customize log activity in database, Imaging you need to save IP user, Url request and user_name in database,But table created by default with Yii only have id,level,category,logtime and message
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/442/upload-csv-file/ –
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/441/parameterized-named-scope-re-use-the-same-set-of-filtering-criteria-in-various-models-and-controllers-also-re-use-the-same-parameterized-named-scope-in-all-find-functions-and-in-dataprovider/ -Parameterized Named Scope. Re-use the same set of filtering criteria in various models and controllers. Also re-use the same Parameterized Named Scope in all find() functions and in data provider.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/416/cheat-sheet-displaying-name-instead-of-numbers-and-displaying-alphanumeric-instead-of-numeric-values/ – I keep a reference to some simple but painful task if you forget a common or something. I am new to Yii and this took awhile for me to figure out. Everything I read said do this or do that and not a single one worked for me. However, the following did.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/415/yiifunctions-helper-file-a-collections-of-yii-function-to-make-the-yii-coding-shorten/ – Helper file, a collections of Yii function to make the Yii coding shorten.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/413/instantiate-a-child-class-that-depends-a-type-field-from-parent-model-class-cactiverecord/ – Instantiate a child class that depends a type field from parent model class (CActiveRecord)
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/401/simple-csv-export/ – Hello everyone, this simple component extract data to CSV. The main difference with others is the ability to format each column using Yii::app()->format functions in a very similar way as CGridView does.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/392/creating-yii-applications-with-composer/ – When creating web-application projects, you can add a great variety of different extensions, modules, plugins or scripts to your code-base. But maintaining a stable combination and updating certain packages can become a hard task.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/389/elementary-introduction-to-using-jquery-ajax-and-the-yii-framework/ – In doing internet searches trying to learn how to incorporated ajax into web pages generated by the yii framework I noticed that there seems to be a lot of confusion. I worry that too-clever hacks will be broken in upgrades of the framework.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/388/ajax-form-submiting-in-yii/ – Here I’m going to give you a working example of ajax form submiting in Yii.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/384/creating-and-updating-model-and-its-related-models-in-one-form-inc-image/ – There are more than a few forum threads and several wiki articles on how to create more than 1 model record in a single form but I didn’t find one complete as I wish there was, covering all that I wanted. So, after going through the process during a project I’m making, I wrote this article.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/381/cgridview-clistview-and-cactivedataprovider/ – CGridView (or CListView) together with CActiveDataProvider is a very powerful combination of the built-in tools of Yii. But how do they work together to accomplish their fantastic functions? And what are you expected to do to use them and to customize their behaviors? This article explains the very basics of them.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/380/mysql-performance-tip/ – When we are doing an insert of huge no.of rows into an SQL table ,Normally we will try to write separate insert quries this may lead us to a long duration of execution time and we can increase the speed of executing SQL quries by adding all the rows into a single insert query.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/374/yiiboilerplate-setup-a-professional-project-structure-in-seconds/ – YiiBoilerplate, aims to provide Yii developers an application folder structure with sufficient flexibility to satisfy development needs from simple to enterprise applications.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/345/how-to-filter-cgridview-with-from-date-and-to-date-datepicker/ – This artical is related to allow user to filter CGridView with date range using datepicker on submit button. Here I use Yii Cookie to preserve date in datepicker textbox after submitting the form.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/338/csv-export/ – I needed a csv export function for my cgridview and I wanted to export the entire result set of the sorted and filtered cgridview the user was viewing via ajax.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/324/cgridview-keep-state-of-page-and-sort/ – Remember-filters-gridview is one of the must-use extension on all of my project. However, it lacks of storing the page and sort variables of the grid view.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/292/secure-password-hashing-with-bcrypt/ – In this article I will show you how to implement a secure password hashing mechanism in your Yii projects using a bCrypt class.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/291/update-two-models-with-one-view/ – Suppose to have two models: Users and Emails. You do not want to store email in a Users model. And User can have 0 or many emails. This is the form generated to create a new user (just username).
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/289/use-application-on-production-development-environment-without-making-changes/ – I like programing on my localhost, however it really bugged me to make changes to index.php & config files on my production server. After combining all available wiki articles on this topic and some trial and error this is what I use for my applications so I could just upload it to production server and it will work without any changes.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/288/managing-constants-easily/ – For time to time i have models with constants (basicly status constants) which i use in diferent places and if these constant changes, i have to change mentions of constant in code elsewhere.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/275/how-to-write-secure-yii-applications/ – How to write secure Yii applications
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/274/how-to-validate-csrf-token-with-session/ – How to validate CSRF token with session
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/273/yii-security-extended-guide/ – This article is called extended guide is because there is already a security guide in the Yii tutorial security section. but that guide is not complete in the sense that it does not rise the developers’ attention to some other commonly happening attacks: SQL injection and magic URL, which can be major vulnerabilities in your application without much caring.
- http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/238/creating-a-jqueryui-sortable-cgridview/ – I have had to do this a couple of times now so I figured I would share it with the community. I am going to keep this short because I really hope that you are familiar with jQueryUI’s Sortable class before starting this tutorial.
Left off at http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/?page=33
- http://www.yiiframework.com/forum/index.php/topic/45273-creating-reports-in-yii/ – I am attempting to create a simple reports section of an app , i have created a reportscontroller and was wondering if there is any way of importing different models into it to render pdfs based on data from them , is this possible ?
- http://www.daviom.com/tutorial/yii-extension-export-module/ – This module, developed for the Yii framework, allows you to download in CSV format every model and its relations (also